Can't see Data Choices Tab details

テテのアトリエ 掲示板 Can't see Data Choices Tab details

• このトピックには6件の返信、1人の参加者があり、最後にolinにより7年、 9ヶ月前に更新されました。
  • Can't see Data Choices Tab details

コメントする
    Colin Knight

Since your Firefox 46 and above releases I can no longer see the options under the Data Choices tab.

If I select that tab all I get is a blank screen.

All the other tab options work fine.

I tried deleting my Firefox Profile and start with a new one but it doesn't change anything.

I just downloaded a Portable_Apps Firefox 47x and with that one I can see all the options under the Data Choices tab so it can't be my setup that is causing this strange behaviour.

Have you changed anything in your Firefox that would blank out the Data Choices options please?

Re: Can't see Data Choices Tab details

Tete

Thank you for reporting the issue. I have confirmed it on my builds.
    I think I have not changed the build options for my recent versions. I would like to be looking into the cause of the issue when I have time.

Colin K

Ok Tete,

I think I've found a way to stop transmitting telemetry and other data back to Mozilla via the Prefs file.

However I'm not sure my method works 100 per cent so it would be nice to have this tab back to ensure I (and others) have opted out of Mozillas tracking policies.

Hope you can fix it soon.

Thanks.

Tete

It seems bug 1234518 is effecting this issue.
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1234518
    https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/diff/1ce8c9bac2a7/browser/components/preferences/in-content/advanced.xul#l202

To show the Health Report checkbox in my Data Choices tab as before, I might have to add the following line in my mozconfig file.
    export MOZ_TELEMETRY_REPORTING=1

Colin

There are three boxes in the portable version I have :-

1) Enable Firefox Health Report

2) Share additional data (i.e., Telemetry)

3) Enable Crash Reporter

I think Telemetry is the most important to opt out of but personally I'd be happier to not use any.

Would your proposed fix show the other two options?

Tete

I have uploaded my new build.
    "Enable Nightly Health Report" and "Share additional data" checkboxes are now displayed on my new build.
    "Enable Crash Reporter" checkbox is not displayed because my builds are built without the clash reporter.

olin

That's fine Tete, it's reassuring to know that I'm not sending any tracking data now.

As for the Crash Report option that really doesn't matter as your builds never crash!!! If they do crash it's generally because of the bloody Flash Player plugin and you'll never be able to fix that problem :-)

Thank you very much for doing the fix.

コメントする