Just Curious: Is FF 57 On The Way?

テテのアトリエ 掲示板 Just Curious: Is FF 57 On The Way?

• このトピックには6件の返信、1人の参加者があり、最後にRyanVにより6年、 5ヶ月前に更新されました。
  • Just Curious: Is FF 57 On The Way?

コメントする
    RyanV

Hi Tete,

FF57 was just recently released and the code was probably made available a week or two ago, but is your custom build on the way? Although it would break a couple of the add-ons that I am using, the hype on the speed, performance, and other features has got me interested and curious. And I usually wait for your build before trying out new updates. This 57 is a major one. It is not that I am putting pressure on you :-[ , I'm just excited. :-)

Thanks in advance.

– Ryan V.

Re: Just Curious: Is FF 57 On The Way?

Tete

Hi RyanV,

I have uploaded my custom build of Firefox 57.0, but I could not apply PGO to this one. I would like to examine the cause of the problem when there is a time. :-[

RyanV

Hi Tete,

Thanks for the build. FF57 takes some time getting used to. DownThemAll and my statusbar add-ons don't have good alternatives yet. But the speed and memory improvements might be worth the update. ;-)

As for the PGO problem, is it similar to what we had before — "COMODO Firewall's guard32.dll"?

Tete

Hi RyanV,

Thanks to Lawliet san's advice to disable e10s, I could apply PGO to my new build. COMODO Firewall was no connection to this problem. :-)

RyanV

Good to hear that. But wouldn't this disable a feature that makes FF fast? Or do we just enable this again?

Tete

I disable e10s on my private profile of Firefox, only when I collect the profiling data of PGO. There is no effect on other people. :-)

RyanV

Gotcha. If I tested first before posting, I could have answered that question myself. Hehe. Thanks.

コメントする